Chapter 1 General
The name of this association shall be the GEIBUN-ASSOCIATION (hereinafter referred to as the "GEIBUN-ASSOCIATION").
The headquarters of "GEIBUN-ASSOCIATION" shall be located in Bangkok, Thailand, and its Tokyo office shall be located in FINESSE CO., LTD., 8F, 3-14-5, Nihonbashi, Chuo-ku, Tokyo.
The basic purpose of "GEIBUN-ASSOCIATION" shall be to promote exchanges of art and social education through such exchanges of art among Asian countries as well as with various countries all over the world. Having this basic purpose as its foundation, "GEIBUN-ASSOCIATION" advocates world peace and strives for vitalization of cultural exchanges.
"GEIBUN-ASSOCIATION" shall be engaged in the following activities in order to fulfill the purpose set forth in the preceding Article:
- 1.Gathering of information pertaining to cultural exchange and the holding of events including art exhibitions, for which two or more countries cooperate with each other, based on such information.
- 2.Collaborative projects for cross industrial cultural exchange.
- 3.Charity project of Red Cross of Thailand
- 4.Research project featuring the theme of social education through art and culture
- 5.Other activities necessary for the fulfillment of the purpose of "GEIBUN-ASSOCIATION"
"GEIBUN-ASSOCIATION" shall have the following members:
Members include regular members, special members, TRFR members and supporting members. A person shall become a member when he/she submits a prescribed application form of admission to the head office and obtains approval from the executive board meeting or when he/she receives an invitation letter based on recommendation of the executive board meeting and accepts such an invitation.
- 1.A regular member is a person who is an artist supporting the fulfillment of the purpose of "GEIBUN-ASSOCIATION" and is involved in cultural programs.
- 2.A special member is a person who is an artist or is involved in cultural programs, who is elected by "GEIBUN-ASSOCIATION" and who supports the purpose of "GEIBUN-ASSOCIATION" .
- 3.A TRFR member is a person who is an artist or is involved in cultural programs and who is directly recommended by Chairman of "GEIBUN-ASSOCIATION" (M.R. Somlabh Kitiyakara).
- 4.A supporting member is an individual, organization or corporation which supports the purpose of "GEIBUN-ASSOCIATION" and gives assistance thereto.
- 1.A member may withdraw his/her membership by submitting an application of withdrawal.
- 2.When a member wishes to withdraw his/her membership, he/she shall submit an application to the manager or head office.
- 3.The withdrawal of the membership shall be reported to the executive board meeting.
- 4.When a member falls under any of the following categories, he/she shall be deemed to have withdrawn from the membership upon confirmation of the executive board meeting.
（１）If the member deceased or is unable to participate in activities; or
（２）If the member fails to pay their membership fee for one year (to be confirmed in the following year).
Chapter 2 Executives
"GEIBUN-ASSOCIATION" shall have the following executives:
- 1.Honorary chairman: One person
- 2.Director and chairman: One person each
- 3.Deputy director: Several persons
- 4.Secretary: Two persons
- 5.Accountant: Two persons
- 6.Manager: Few persons (including the office manager and permanent manager)
- 7.Auditor: Within two persons
The election of the executives shall be as follows:
- 1.In principle, three or more persons shall be recommended as the executives from each category of membership.
- 2.The honorary president shall be elected from the royal family of Thailand or influential individuals of the equivalent level.
- 3.The director and president shall be elected from the deputy directors or equivalent ranking members.
- 4.The secretary, accountant, manager and auditor shall be elected from the executives by the executive board meeting.
- 5.The executives shall be approved by the general meeting.
The duty of the executives shall be as follows:
- 1.The director shall represent "GEIBUN-ASSOCIATION" and generally manage the business of "GEIBUN-ASSOCIATION" .
- 2.The deputy director shall assist the director and act in place of the director if an accident occurs to the director.
- 3.The secretary shall be in charge of holding the meeting and keeping records.
- 4.The accountant shall be in charge of accounts of the membership fees of "GEIBUN-ASSOCIATION" .
- 5.The auditor shall audit the businesses and accounts of "GEIBUN-ASSOCIATION" .
- 6.The manager shall be in charge of the planning, preparation, operation, etc. of each project (including committees).
- 7.The office manager and permanent manager shall be in charge of the businesses of "GEIBUN-ASSOCIATION" .
- 1.The term of office of the executives shall be two years, provided, however, that an executive may be elected for a second term.
- 2.The term of office of an executive elected as a substitute or as an additional member shall be the same period as the remaining term of the predecessor or the present holder of the office.
- 3.An executive shall continue to perform his or her duties even after their resignation or expiration of term of office until his/her successor assumes office.
- 1."GEIBUN-ASSOCIATION" may have advisor or counselor.
- 2.The director shall appoint advisor or counselor on a fixed-term basis upon approval of the executive board meeting.
- 3.The advisor or counselor may state his/her opinions at the meetings and may participate in projects of "GEIBUN-ASSOCIATION" .
Chapter 3 Meetings
- 1.Meetings shall include the general meeting and executive board meeting.
- 2.The general meeting shall include the ordinary general meeting and extraordinary general meeting.
- 3.The executive board meeting shall include ordinary executive board meeting and extraordinary executive board meeting.
- 4.The general meeting shall be formed by the attendance of individual members including proxies.
1.At the general meeting, the following matters shall be resolved:
(1)Business report and settlement of accounts;
(2)Business plan and budget;
(3)Establishment, amendment and abolition of rules and regulations of "GEIBUN-ASSOCIATION" ;
(4)Election and dismissal of executives; and
(5)Other important matters pertaining to the management of "GEIBUN-ASSOCIATION" .
2.In the executive board meeting, the following matters shall be resolved:
(1)Matters pertaining to the execution of resolutions made by the general meeting;
(2)Matters required to be resolved by the general meeting; and
(3)Other matters pertaining to the execution of the business of "GEIBUN-ASSOCIATION" .
- 1.The ordinary general meeting shall be held once every year.
- 2.The extraordinary general meeting shall be held when deemed necessary by the director or when requested with the indication of the matter to be resolved at the meeting by one-half or more of the members.
- 3.In principle, the ordinary executive board meeting shall be held once every two months.
- 4.The extraordinary executive board meeting shall be held when deemed necessary by the director.
- 1.The general meeting and executive board meeting shall be convened by the director.
- 2.The convening of the general meeting and executive board meeting shall be notified to members in writing and in advance with the indication of the agenda, date and place of the meeting.
- 1.The chairman of the general meeting shall be elected from among the attending members.
- 2.The director shall preside over the executive board meeting.
- 1.The agenda of the general meeting shall be resolved by the majority of the attending members.
- 2.The agenda of the executive board meeting shall be resolved by the majority of the attending executives.
- 3.If the number of affirmative votes and the number of dissenting votes are equal, the agenda shall be resolved by the vote of the chairman.
Chapter 4 Membership fees and accounting year
- 1.Any necessary matters pertaining to the amount of membership fees and collection of fees shall be determined at the general meeting.
- 2.The members shall be obligated to pay the prescribed membership fees no later than a given date.
- 3.Reimbursement of the membership fees already paid will not be possible.
The accounting year shall start from November 1st every year and end on October 31st of the following year.
Chapter 5 Other provisions
- 1.Every member shall be required not to divulge to others any confidential information pertaining to the members, which is known to him/her within "GEIBUN-ASSOCIATION" .
- 2.If any member should divulge confidential information and cause any damages, he/she shall be responsible for compensation of those damages.
If any member falls under any of the following categories, he/she shall be removed from the membership or be recommended to withdraw from the membership through the resolution of the executive board meeting:
- 1.When he/she commits any act that damages the reputation or confidence of "GEIBUN-ASSOCIATION" ; or
- 2.When he/she fails to comply with the rules and regulations of "GEIBUN-ASSOCIATION" or commits any act against the resolution of "GEIBUN-ASSOCIATION" .
In order to facilitate the smooth operation of business, "GEIBUN-ASSOCIATION" may establish committees and other organs.
In addition to the provisions of these rules, the executive board meeting may separately stipulate any matters necessary for the management of "GEIBUN-ASSOCIATION" .
- 1.These rules shall be implemented from 21st August 2003.
- 2.The list of current executives(As indicated in the attached "List of executives")
3.Annual membership fees and payment date
The annual membership fees shall be in accordance with the following provisions:
(1)The annual membership fee for the regular member shall be 60,000 yen.
(2)The TRFR member shall be exempt from their obligation to pay membership fees. However, he/she may donate funds in relation to events.
(3)The annual membership fee for the special member shall be 60,000 yen.
(4)The annual membership fee for the supporting member shall be 60,000 yen
(5)The annual membership fees shall be paid within one month from the approval of membership by the executive board meeting.
When a member of "GEIBUN-ASSOCIATION" participates in an event (such as art exhibition) or publication sponsored by GEIBUN-ASSOCIATION, he/she may make two presentations at an event for the discounted participation fee of one presentation (limitation on size may apply) or he/she may participate in publications partially at the expenses of GEIBUN-ASSOCIATION membership fees, as a special participation privilege.
Any limitation on the special privilege shall be notified on each occasion of projects.